Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Death

A common theme of life from death has been driven into my brain over the last few weeks.  In fact, ever since the new year began.  Through the book Redeeming Love, God's small still voice whispers about life coming from death to the main character.  In Last Sunday's Message, our youth pastor preached on the duty of a seed to die in order to bring forth the life of a new plant.  In the book Bittersweet, the author blatantly reveals her heart's sadness in waiting for death to be over, and eagerly anticipating life.

I am compelled to look back over two very life altering instances where my dreams have died, and GOD gave life to new desires... and then fulfilled them beyond my expectation.


Death: October 25, 2000 - Dream of being a teacher.
Life: November 1, 2000 - Promise of being a nurse.
The Unexpected: September 6, 2011 -  Fulfillment of God's promise: becoming an RN in the Oncology field.

Death: October 25, 2003 - Dream of being married.
Life: September 6, 2007 - Promise of being someone's beloved.
The Unexpected: April 19, 2008 - Fulfillment of God's promise: becoming a WIFE.

It is obvious to me, that God's promises are bigger, and much better, than anything I could ever dream up.  I also notice that these fulfillments take timing that I cannot orchestrate.  While I know that I have dreamed of becoming a mother I realize that God will return the unexpected
and new life will come.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful perspective, Bethany. He does bring life in the darkest places. Thank you for sharing His faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete